If you have questions about folic acid and your health, talk to your health care provider, local health department or contact us.
The sites listed below have up-to-date, scientifically-based information on birth defects and folic acid. Since web addresses often change, please notify the webmaster if any of these links aren’t working.
- March of Dimes
- Spina Bifida Association of America
- CDC, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disability
- US Food and Drug Administration Fact Sheets
- American Dietetic Association
- Choose My Plate
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- UNC Center for Maternal and Infant Health
- Vitamin/Mineral Supplement Fact Sheet
- What to Look for in a Multivitamin Supplement
- Downloadable PDF of nutrient chart